Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

License Quest Update VIII

Today I (Nancy) completed my next-to-the-last step in getting my Hungarian driver's license. It almost didn't happen, though. Last week I passed my last test, the behind-the-wheel driving test. I had to wait three working days and then I went down to the department of transportation-type office yesterday where I picked up the papers with the official stamps on them saying that I had passed all my tests and could receive a license. Then I went down to the City Hall where the licenses are issued and made an appointment for this morning. When I read the notice I was given stating what papers I needed to bring with me to the appointment, panic struck. I had all the papers but one! I was missing the official home address card that was supposed to be kept in my passport. I looked high and low for it and even checked at a couple of offices where I had shown my passport to no avail. It was gone.
So, yesterday afternoon Mike went with me to the Hungarian immigration office to see about getting a new one--they were closed and would not open until after my appointment at City Hall. After much prayer, I decided to go ahead and keep my appointment. One of the first things the clerk asked me for was my address card. I tried to look helpless (and probably succeeded, because I was) and told her that I had lost it. After a few moments, she looked up my file and found a copy of my card from the first time I had been at the office! Praise the Lord! It only took 45 minutes and a couple of trips to other clerks at other windows and my papers were processed! Almost finished! I have to wait three weeks and then go back to pick up my official Hungarian driver's license.
God is so good! By the time I get my license, it will have been three months, lots of money and lots of work, but the Lord has carried me through! Thanks for your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home