Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Suzy Homemaker

I (Nancy) have become quite the homemaker since we moved to Hungary.  I've always been one to find the quickest, easiest way to do things, so my meals in the States were often begun with a box of this or a can of that.  Here, though, when I'm hungry for American food, I have to make it from scratch. That's because either the food is too expensive or just not available here. So, besides making pie, dressing and mash potatoes from the raw ingredients for Thanksgiving, I also have learned to make macaroni and cheese, salsa and applesauce among other things.  I learned cooking from scratch is not really that hard and it is probably healthier, too.  I also have a lot of respect for Hungarian women who cook for their families every night--and make delicious food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home