Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Bringing Joy to Others

I (Nancy) went next door to pay the rent this week. Our landlady, Éva, and I were talking when her part time household helper, Ibolya, finished her work and sat down with us. Éva turned to Ibolya and said, "Nancy is getting better speaking Hungarian every month. And they've only lived here two years." We talked a little more and I said, "I should go home now," using a commom Hungarian phrase. Éva said to Ibolya, "Isn't that so cute!" and they both smiled really big. Éva asked me to say hi to Mike and I responded with another phrase. Éva looked at Ibolya and said, "Did you hear that?" They both chuckled a little. I don't know if I said the phrases incorrectly or mispronounced them, but this isn't the first time Hungarians have been tickled by the way I talk. Oh well, I am happy to be able to bring a little enjoyment into the lives of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home