Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shall we walk?

One thing we really like about where we live in Debrecen is that it is within walking distance of so many things we need. We can walk to the post office, the store and church. We do so almost every day, too, not only for running errands, but also for exercise. Besides, there are many beautiful places to walk including this tree-lined street just a block from our home.

3 Comments:

  • At October 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love that street, too. And I love that about Debrecen! Glad you're having great fall weather. But may RAIN come (to us all) soon.

     
  • At October 7, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Emily Sidley said...

    That's something I really miss from the semester I studied abroad in Norway. I walked everywhere! I really wish US cities were set up to be more conducive to walking around instead of driving everywhere...

     
  • At October 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Arpill said...

    Now that I work from home and only live 5 blocks from my church in Springfield, I've learned I can live without a car if I have to. I'm trying to get in 20 miles of walking every week... have you ever kept track of how far you guys walk? I just double checked, and Debrecen is actually available on the same program I use to map out how far I walk... you can click on the map tracking all of the streets you walk, it's cool! http://www.mapmyrun.com/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home