Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Practice, practice, practice

We have found a treasure in our neighbor and landlady, Éva Parisz. Not only is she a fair and attentive landlady, but she is also a friend. She knows a little bit of English, having lived in New York City for a time some years ago. Recently, once or twice a month, she and I (Nancy) have lunch together to spend some time teaching each other our languages. I get the better of the deal because Éva is so eager to teach me Hungarian that we speak English only a little bit. But, we each manage to learn a couple of new phrases every time. This time, Éva learned "Today, I am not dieting." That's a good phrase to learn! Yesterday, Éva treated me to a visit to the zoo. As usual, we had a great time together. Thanks, Éva!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home