Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Giving Thanks to the Lord

My favorite holiday is this month--Thanksgiving. I realize that Thanksgiving is not a national holiday in Hungary, but I plan to celebrate it just the same. I enjoy all aspects of Thanksgiving--the turkey dinner, getting together with family, football games--but most of all I enjoy what Thanksgiving stands for--giving thanks to God.

There's a reason God's Word commands us over and over to be thankful. Gratitude has a way of realigning our perspective so that we see things properly from a God-centered point of view instead of a self-centered viewpoint. That results in a recognition of our total reliance on God for every good thing.

Thank you, God for blue skies, brightly colored leaves and the beautiful rustling sound the fallen dry leaves make when I walk through them. Thank You for life in this body, the feel of a good deep breath and of waking from a restful sleep. Thank You for eternal life bought for me by Jesus Christ and the incredible peace and joy that is in Your presence. Thank you for my family--my husband, sons, daughters-in-law and grandson. Thank you, God, for my spiritual family both here and in Hungary. May we always live to bring you glory and to give you thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home