Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

License Quest Update

On Thursday, as previously reported, I (Nancy) returned from the driving school with the hope of hearing from a translator about taking my written driver's test early next week. Yesterday (Friday) I got a call from the driving school asking me to bring in a paper they needed to copy. At least that's what I thought they said. Hungarian is very hard for me to understand over the phone. Anyway, I took the paper in to the office and the secretary and the gentleman who talked with me before talked with me again. From what they told me and from the list the secretary gave me, I figured out that I needed several things. I already knew that I needed to take a written driving exam, a behind-the-wheel test, and a doctor's exam. But, Friday I also learned that I needed to take a first-aid course and the Red Cross first aid exam. They told me to arrive at the driving school at 8 a.m. today. So I did. What I didn't quite understand was that my morning would be spent taking the first three hours of the two-part first-aid course! I was in a class with twelve teenagers and it was all in Hungarian. I had studied the book ahead of time, so the instructor and I agreed that I could understand enough to take the course. He will try to get me an English-language test or a translator to help me take the test. Tomorrow is the second part of the course and Tuesday is a practice test. Pray for me! God has helped me so far in my quest for a driver's license and I am counting on Him to help me the whole way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home