Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Egyptian Brothers and Sisters

Last Sunday a group of Christians from Egypt visited the Open Bible Church in Debrecen. The dozen or so of them were from various churches including Catholic, Orthodox and Evangelical churches. They were in Debrecen working with Dorcas, an international Christian ministry that spreads the gospel by ministering especially to the poor in many nations. Our Egyptian brothers and sisters shared testimonies and a couple of songs with us. It was great having them with us.
The funny thing was that I (Nancy) prayed that morning to be able to understand more of the sermon and what was said during the service. I had been disappointed that for two weeks I had understood less than I had before! So I prayed that I would be able to understand better that morning. How surprised I was to find that since our Egyptian friends didn't speak Hungarian and most of them spoke English, the entire service was going to be translated into English! I had not asked to be able to understand the Hungarian, just to understand! Does God have a sense of humor or what!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home