Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Ladies' Meetings

This last weekend I (Nancy) spoke at two ladies' meetings, Friday at the Kemecse Open Bible Church and Saturday at the Ibrány Open Bible Church.  The leaders tried to combine their meetings so that we would need to travel only once, but neither group could arrange for transportation to the other's meeting.  It was no problem, I just planned to give the same talk at both meetings.  Roxi, my interpreter and Mike, who drove the car, were both generous enough to agree to devote two evenings to the meetings.

Friday evening after the meeting started, we were all pleasantly surprised that several ladies from Ibrány arrived. I spoke about nameless women in the crowd and how God knows and loves each one of us individually.  After the meeting, I apologized to the Ibrány ladies that they would hear the same talk the following night.  They were gracious and said they would happily hear it again.  But on the way home, the Lord started prompting me to speak on another subject. 
Nancy, with Roxi on her left interpreting, praying over the Ibrány ladies

Saturday morning God helped me to prepare to speak on the other subject, dying to self.  After we arrived Saturday evening in Ibrány, I told Mara, the leader, that I was prepared to speak on something else.  Her eyes just sparkled.  She said, I was praying that the Lord would share with us something new. Thank you! 

Both meetings were well attended and we all enjoyed the presence of the Lord and the fellowship with each other.  Thank you, Rita and Mara, for the invitation and for your wonderful hospitality.  May God bless each lady who attended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home