Reflections from Romania

We hope to use this blog to keep you informed with what is happening with our ministry in Romania.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Testimony

We had a wonderful time with the people of the Church of the Open Bible in Pella, Iowa last night. The potluck food was delicious and we had a chance to visit with lots of people. One of the ladies who, with her husband, consistently gives toward our ministry, came up to us and told us she had a testimony to share. Here is some of what she said:

"When you came to our church before you went to Hungary for the first time, I promised the Lord that I would step out in faith and give a little bit toward your ministry every month. And then when other missionaries came through, I promised God the same amount for each of them, too. After a while, I couldn't list all the missionaries I was giving to on the outside of my envelope--I had to enclose a separate sheet inside the envelope when I gave my monthly offering. We have been faithfully giving these past few years, but last year was hard. We had to make some decisions about changing jobs and such, but God was faithful. Our income increased $10,000 last year. Praise the Lord!"

1 Comments:

  • At March 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dear Mike and Nancy,

    My name is Dodi Green and I am the Missions Director for Gateway Church (Open Bible) in Colorado Springs. Pastor Derek Sissel gave me your information (not email address though) as we are going to present your work in Hungary on March 6th during our mission Sunday. I have put your picture and biography in our presentation and also on our Missions bulletin board. I would also like to post a short newsletter from you if you would please send one to me and also I would like to have your birthdays as well.
    I look forward to hearing from you and you can contact me at rdy2g01402@googlemail.com.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home